Monday, August 30, 2010

homemade dough and more

It's been awhile since I've updated. Sorry.

For one, I've just felt really busy with starting two new jobs. (oh--I think that's blog world news :)

I'm working "prn" aka part-time/full-time with a home health care company called Interim. I started orientation last weeks...LOOOTS of paperwork (which is my least favorite part of my job), but I'll get the hang of it! Tomorrow I go observe a visit...and Wednesday I have my first new patient in home care.

Job #2: Colorado Physical Therapy Institute. Check out where I get to work!
CPTI seems like a really great place! It's a bit intimidating right now because I'm new to all the paperwork and team...and they have lots of cool, "state-of-the-art" equipment that I'll be learning. I'll share more about those as I learn :) I started last Thursday with orientation and then I saw 3 new patients (It was a LOONG day!!). Once I finish up orientation, my regular hours will just be Tuesday/Thursday 4-8pm...hoping that my patient load increases, which eventually will increase me to full time! :) My boss, Roger Rettig is a fantastic PT and a great teacher--he has LOTS of experience...and he is very kind. I am excited to work with him!

On to more fun stuff...I've been "into" making bread. (Side note: kinda steering away from the "gluten-free diet"--we're eating gluten in moderation...that's the bottom line)

It's a bit challenging learning how to make bread here in altitude, but I kinda like it! :) We ended up with edible bread (In fact, the "cinnamon swirl" loaf was gone fast!)...lots of it at that! The freezer has a few loaves...and wow, it's cheaper than buying (and I know what goes in it!!)

I also made some pretty good homemade pizza dough (organic whole wheat and spelt), which we had last night.

Here is the olive oil, zuchinni, tomato, mushroom, garlic, and goat cheese one.

I also made a red/green pepper, onion, mushroom, and mozarella cheese one...but the picture won't upload...maybe tomorrow! :)

Well, I'm off to getting things ready for my big Tuesday...which starts with Yoga at this little studio that's a minute walk to...at 6:30 am! I"ve gone 3 times--love it!...hoping Jesse rolls outta bed and goes with me tomorrow!!

Any tips on baking bread...especially in altitude?? I'll take 'em! And then I'll try again in like a week or so (we have plenty of bread for now...;))

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Bri :) Much better!

    You need to teach me how to use the bread machine. My one attempt was a MASSIVE failure. I might bring a few flexitarian cookbooks I found at the library. One of them has a pita bread recipe!

    CAN'T wait for Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a bread machine--maybe that'd help, but I feel like that's "cheating" :) haha...

    ReplyDelete