Sunday, August 15, 2010

a weekend report...

I wish I could upload photos for this post...but we can't find the cord that we need for my Nikon.
I'll work on that and try to get photos up soon!

Friday night we ventured out to the "Louisville Street Faire"...every Friday night through the summer (this Friday was the last one) they block off a street, have lots of booths, things for the kiddos, and a band come play...oh and lots of food and drinks! Since this is talked about as the thing to do here, we decided we must go. So, here we are in dowtown Louisville...find a great parking spot...and walk in. It was wierd that we weren't meeting up with anyone...we had already eaten dinner...so we had nothing to do...and no one to talk to :(. We made the best of it and kept pretending we were looking for someone...you know, I'd say to Jesse, "I thought we were meeting them here...do you see them?" hahaha...made ourselves laugh. We made a big circle and left. Home by 8pm.

Saturday we took a long bike ride through Louisville/Lafeyette/Longmont/Erie area. It was hilly. We are in altitude. Jesse is so much faster than me. We were out for 2 hours and 45 minutes...I was completely done for. I did not feel well for until about 2 hours after the ride. Altitude is not cool, but it will be after we've trained in it and then go to Missouri for a race....hopefully :) What was amazing though were the sights on the ride...LOVE IT!

After recuperating (aka Bri taking a nap), we went up to El Dorado canyon for a hike/run with Maxwell, our beloved black lab. The trail was a bit steep. The views were amazing! I think I got some good photos of the scenery...we'll see when we get them uploaded onto the computer.

Today we ran together with Max on a trail close to our house that also loops right pass a dog park. It actually got kinda warm out there on the trail. Again, this trail has wonderful sights--at one point you can see the whole city (maybe more like town) of Louisville (and probably Lafayette) on one side and the flatirons on the other.

We also ventured down to Boulder for a little "shopping"--more like browsing and coveting clothes/gear we'd love it have. It was fun to be in the interesting array of people in Boulder. I want to just go sit at a coffee shop down on Pearl Street soon just to watch people!

Can't believe one week is behind us and another is coming up soon...

I'll post photos when I get this all figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment