Saturday, September 4, 2010

26th year of life

Thursday was my 26th birthday. It was a great day. I had a lot of sadness being far from dear family and friends (more so the next day it all hit)...but so thankful for my wonderful husband, sweet pup, and a beautiful place I get to live.

Went to yoga. (love it)

Then went for a quick run (yes, I took Maxwell...not suppose to run him until he's 1 year old...but I wanted him to come with me)....but because I took him it turned into interval training. Whenever he'd see a rabbit, prairie dog (alot around our house), or nothing (I"m convinced he just thinks he sees something/just smells something and then RUNS!). He's kinda crazy. He is going to obedience school soon. He needs the dog park like 3 x day.

Then I treated myself to a cinnamon roll and coffee...and read the local paper.

Then I went for a bike ride. I went out towards El Dorado...it was hilly. I was sucking wind a good 3 hills worth. It was chilly, but perfect with my jacket on.

Then I met Jesse for lunch at Beau Jo's....some of my favorite pizza here! It was really yummy!

Then I went to Starbucks (yes, it's a must ;))...again, treated myself to a cinnamon dolce latte WITH whip...wooo hoo! I sipped on it as I talked to my Aunt Karen (birthday twin...only she turned 50 this year ;))...my sister...and worked on some things for work.Then I was off to work!

3:30-8pm shift at Colorado PT Insitute. My evening schedule was packed full! 2 new patients...and my other returning patients are doing well. Good night in the clinic. But it was wierd that no one knew it was my birthday...oh well.

Finally, I'm driving home!! Jesse had told me to be sure to come through the front door (not the back porch door)...hmmm...I was excited. I love surprises!! :) I knocked on the front door to hear Jesse and Max running down the hall. Jesse opened the door and they both had birthday party hats on and Jesse was blowing a party horn! It was great!! Then I proceeded to see this:


So fun. So sweet. These are some of my very favorite things (listed above). I really do love being here...just the three of us :)

I just signed up for the Bear Chase Trail Race: http://www.bearchaserace.com/index.html
Check out the photos of the race course...b-e-a-uutiful! October 3rd running the half marathon distance (not crazy enough yet to do a 50K or 50 miler....one day). I just need motivation to consistently workout. I'm stoked.

Micalla just left town today...Ed and Shelli (my wonderful in-laws) are staying with us tonight. It's been great having wonderful visitors. I'll blog about that soon...:-)

1 comment:

  1. I feel so honored I made it twice on this post :)

    I'll have to send you a couple pictures that I took so you have some photos when you blog about our visits.

    ps- I love how in the last picture, for whatever reason, Max is still and you are a little blurry. Isn't it usually the opposite? :) Super cute pic though!

    ReplyDelete