Friday, August 20, 2010

end of this week

I have been job hunting all week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and most of Thursday comprised of me researching clinics in the area, composing cover letters, printing resumes, and then visiting each Physical Therapy clinic in Broomfield/Westminster (south of Louisville), Lafayette/Louisville/Superior, and Boulder areas. I haven't counted, but I'm pretty sure I have gone to close to 30 clinics!

75% of the time the secretary or front desk personnel told me they weren't hiring, but they would take my resume.

15% of the time the secretary or front desk personnel (occassionally an actual therapist) told me they might be hiring...took my resume gladly...and I left the clinic feeling super exciting!

10% of the time I actually got to talk to the owner or manager of the clinic...at one place on Wednesday I even got an "on the spot" interview!! woo hoo!

Bottom line: I have 4 good outpatient clinic leads. Some won't really know anything for a month or so. My "on the spot" interview one--well, I turned in the application and paperwork they asked me to fill out yesterday and met the whole staff. I was hoping to hear back by today, but guess that'll wait til Monday!

Also...I interviewed with Interim Home Health Care today! The interview went really well! Again, I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork. Today they were suppose to run my background check...and then we may start orientation on Monday!! So, I'm (PRETTY) sure I have a job in home health. I'm really excited because it's still orthopedic type patients and it's super flexible!

The stormy bike ride event
Yesterday I went out for a ride around 3:30...I was so excited to ride...no particular reason. I saw some dark clouds when I was heading out, but they didn't look too bad (or so I thought!). I was following a route that I found on mapmyride (super great website!!)...then I made my turn onto "Disk Rd."--I saw a sign that said "Private Property" and "No Trespassing"..I thought about turning around, but then I was like "maybe it's just for automobiles...?? besides, I found this route online!", so I proceeded. Then, I came up on one of those little security booths. At first I didn't see anyone in there (mind you, no contacts, no glasses...). Then, as I'm passing the booth, I see this head pop up and run out the little side door.

Yes, Mr. security man who tells me I cannot go any further and must turn around. Boo!

So, I turned around and starting making my own new map...thankfully consulting my google map application on my iPhone :)

So here I am on this slight incline of a hill...and by slight, I mean, it keeps slightly increasing. While increasing, it also started kind of sprinkling...then, it seemed like out of nowhere the rain was getting harder, I heard thunder, then I saw some lightning. The only thing around were these office buildings. I rode up to the front, parked the bike right outside the door and found shelter right inside the door.

So, I'm sitting there, texting Jesse to tell him what happened. I was going to just wait it out...but then...so then this guy, who is leaving work comes up to me and says that he has a bike rack on the back of his Jeep and that he can give me a ride. I told him I was fine...pretty sure like two times...but he kinda insisted...I don't really remember what happened, because I've NEVER done this! But before I knew it, I had agreed...and he was going to pull up his blue Jeep.

Whoa...what am I thinking??!

So I get my bike on his bike rack...get in this blue Jeep...and down the road we go. The storm cleared about just a few miles down the road, so after super awkward conversation, I just told him he could drop me off on the side of the road and I'd ride the rest of the way home.

And that's what happened. Call it Mr. blue Jeep's kind deed of the day. Call it Bri's super thankful he didn't hurt her or steal her bike...and she won't be doing that again.

On the way home, I saw this beautiful "double rainbow"...not sure if that's the technical name, but it was like a "double decker"...you know, 2 ROY G BIVs. Have you heard of this before? Jesse never had. ROY G BIV...it stands for Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Indigo/Violet...the colors of the rainbow!

Then, I came home and made these yummy roasted veggie salads (yellow squash, yams, carrots, onion, garlic oven roasted...on a bed of romaine and kale (chopped)...along with quinoa and black beans). Full of great nutrients...and very filling!!

3 comments:

  1. haha, bri! that's so funny. another story not to tell mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy! I think I would have maybe done something like that... and then Tyler would have gotten on to me... what can you do?! good story. especially about roy g biv :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri, you should change your background design. It's super easy! Your content is good so a good background will only reflect that :)

    ReplyDelete