Saturday, July 3, 2010

28 days til Steelhead

I can't believe that it's been over a month since I've blogged. I need to get better at this. I always think of what I could write on here, but then just don't sit down at the computer.

In the last month...

-rode our bike out in hilly Hermann...it kicked my butt. Our water bottles were also soapy from soaking them that week, which we didn't realize til we were on the bike. So 3 1/2 hour ride with two soapy water bottles.

-I've seen a lot of patients respond positively and quickly with ART.

-swam in the Newtown lake for my first open water swim. Demo'd a 2XU wetsuit. Only slightly panicked once.

-rode from our house in St. Charles to Forest Park in University City last Saturday and today--about a 4 hour ride...again a hilly route, but last Saturday Jesse taught me how to shift correctly up hills...fabulously helpful (would have made the Hermann ride much better :)). Also had my very first flat last Saturday and Jesse was thankfully there because I would have missed a few steps--need to practice that one :)
*In this ride, I realized that I've really only been riding on the road for 4 1/2 months or so...I really can't believe that I've come this far.

The Newtown race will be my first...July 10th...a week from Sunday. Open water swim about 1000m, 20 mile bike ride, and 4 mile run. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment