Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Saturday we did our long ride. Rode out around Creve Coeur lake area for about 2 1/2 hours. Felt okay. My right knee had been bothering me since mid-week ride. I think I just strained my quadricep/patellar tendon when I was pedaling against the wind. It was really bugging me towards the end the ride. That's also when I took my first road "wreck". I was turning around to head back towards home...turned right into the wind. Between the gust of wind, my right knee not as strong on the pedal stroke, and my questionable balance at times on the bike...I wrecked in the middle of the road. No cars were around. I was fine. I did hit my head (helmet on!), which bounced off the ground. I rode home...just scrapped up on my knee and side. I had a bad headache and stiff neck for about 2 days. Jesse was great to rub my neck/shoulders Sunday and Monday night...really helped me!! Right away I wasn't scared to get back on the road...now I am a bit. Back to overcoming fears and set backs. I feel like this right here is the theme to my Steelhead training. I want to be healthy. Hopefully upon race day I have reached good fitness and health, so I can go strong.

Today I'm going to try and get a "long" ride in. It's been stormy/rainy, so I'm hoping it clears up by early afternoon. I fly out to Dallas today and will be gone til late Sunday night, so I hope that my knee and the weather holds up so I can get time in on the bike. I'll be swimming, running, and lifting/core workouts the rest of the week/weekend at the hotel. :)

I'm excited for the Active Release Technique course in Dallas this weekend. I've been studying pretty hard...I'm starting to feel ready. I really want to do well at the course...learn a lot from other practitioners...and become competent at ART, so that my patients will experience great outcomes. I'm praying for good partners through the lab sections and that it will be restful amidst the all day lectures/intimidation of the practical test on Sunday.

Check out ART here: www.activerelease.com

No comments:

Post a Comment