Saturday, July 10, 2010

swimming

this will be me tomorrow...except no wetsuits :(
this is actually the newtown triathalon last year--found this random photo via google image--thanks to this fellow triathlete who posted this.
we went up to newtown today...got our packets...got some ART treatment by Dr. Lytle...and then swam the course. 1000 meters.
the first 2/3s of the swim I would describe as survival.
i finally warmed up and felt okay on the last 1/3 of it.
my heart rate usually runs mid-130s while swimming in the pool.
today average heart rate=164. today's max heart rate=170.
i did finish the full route in about 25 minutes and 30 seconds.
hoping to beat that time in the morning.
i'm trying to not doubt/freak out that i won't be able to make the 1/2 ironman swim in a few weeks.
1.2 miles doesn't sound that bad...it is. :)

jesse just told me that he hope i have a great race tomorrow.
i think it's because he doesn't want me to back out on steelhead.
and he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment