Sunday, April 18, 2010

Overcoming.

We rode 2 hours and 45 minutes Saturday--I rode all but about 30 minutes by myself. I stuck to the country rodes and the bike trail that leads to/from Creve Coeur lake.

I'm overcoming my fear of clipping out--successfully (but super early! :)) clipped out each time...also with less anxiety. Also, I rode to Creve Coeur Lake by myself, which didn't end up being a huge deal, but it was in my mind before I did it.

I am bruised on the right side of my pelvic bone, which made staying in my drop bars uncomfortable/painful, but I did it some to switch up positions.

The biggest thing I need to improve in now on the bike is my balance. That tiny, little road bike tire is difficult to balance on with any kind of weight shift, especially when you're getting tired. Also, I need to work on and experiment with my nutrition on the bike.

Today I noticed a lot of tightness in my hips again--may have strained the origin (top part--closest to your hip) of the hamstring. I am having pain with walking (the stance and push-off phase of gait) on my left side. I'm hoping stretching, some rest, and massage will work that out.

Tomorrow back to the pool (which always makes my back feel better...loove the distraction and stretching you get in the water), a good run, and some lifting.

I'm getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment