Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Catching up.

I'm always thinking of what I'd write on my blog, but actually sitting down at the computer happens so little. I want to be a bit more diligent in this, so that I can keep track of my training...and also share my thoughts that roll around in my head all day. Here's a bit of catching up from the last week or so...

Thursday I got a bike fit at Maplewood Cycle...Stewart was great. It seemed wonderful. I got new handlebars, a new seat, and adjusted just about everything. I got home that night, though and rode on my trainer to get my ride in...and my seat was really hurt my right hip (opposite of what it was previously). I was mad. Jesse consoled me and I decided I must break the new seat in. Hopefully it'll be a better ride soon. We'll see tomorrow.

I like Sunday workouts. Sunday is a very full day, but it's about the one day that I swim with Jesse. He's super fast and kicks my butt in the pool (as with everything else :)), but I like him watching me and giving me tips on my swim stroke. I was having goggle issues...again. Ticked off, but felt a bit stronger. I swam 200 m in less than 5 minutes, which was super exciting for me. My fastest up until then was 5:10.

I'm more and more aware of how much my core and strength play a huge role in my performance. I had a good lift (upper and lower extremity, along with core) yesterday (Monday).

Today I bought some lower profile goggles...some Speedo goggles. I tightend them up, put them on and they actually didn't leak at all. Lovely. But that's what I thought of the Barracudas (see previous post) and then they leaked in like 5 swims. Boo. Maybe I have a misshapen head. We'll see.
Today I felt pretty strong on the swim, but I realized that I'm torquing my arm, especially my left arm. I need to work on gliding better with my non-pulling through arm. I swam 800m, then I sat in the dry sauna. Love the dry sauna. Ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I do not like running on the treadmill--it practically drives me crazy, but I just had to today because of the time of day.

I've been super tired recently. I haven't been sleeping well every night. I feel exhausted during the day. I don't know why. I just haven't been feeling myself.

I'm also studying to be certified in Active Release Technique. I'm travelling to Dallas mid-May to be certified in Lower Extremity. I am excited to master this technique and further my career as a physical therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment