Thursday, March 4, 2010

Meat...a "man's meal"

Here is proof that I do a) buy meat and b) buy red meat. I feel bad for Jesse sometimes since we have all these vegetarian meals. I've gone like two weeks without buying any meat. He doesn't complain and he also enjoys eating "clean" and healthy, but I still feel bad.

I've never real known much about meat--let alone "clean" meat. (grass-fed, non-hormonal meat). So I'm standing a bit lost in front of the stinky meat counter at Whole Foods. This is where I meet Matt, the meat guy. Matt told me about skirt steak...though it was a bit fatty, I was sold.

I made a simple marinade that consisted of olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and parsley (looked it up online!). The plan was to marinade it for a day--turned out to be two. :/ So, my only complaint about the meat is that it was suuuper salty!! It was good, though. J loved it! :) He grilled the meat, along with yellow squash and zucchini outside, steamed some broccoli, and made yam (sweet potato) baked fries...all while I rode my bike. It was a wonderful dinner. Oh, and my wonderful husband washed the dishes, too while he was cooking away!

Rode 45 minutes tonight on my trainer. My rear side is getting used to the bike seat. I'm just havimg some issues with the outside of my left foot--I must be pushing outward too much. I keep getting these sharp pains on the outside of my foot--only 2-3 times in a ride, but it hurts and it's annoying. I'm going to go to a bike shop soon to get fit...that should help, I'm sure!

I'm feeling back to normal health wise...and now Jesse is getting it--ugh! I'm bummed out. I hope it doesn't last all weekend! I love weekends!!

1 comment:

  1. Was Matt single? Haha, just kidding!! Looks yummy! Way to go, Jesse :)

    ReplyDelete